Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Confession

I went for a walk after work yesterday. The weather was so nice and I felt like I was "wasting" a perfectly good day due to my exercise ban.

I deliberately didn't wear a sports bra so that I wouldn't be tempted to run. Even though I had my running shoes on, nothing else was really "running" gear, so I wasn't even tempted (except when I had to jog across the street when the light was changing).

The walk was lovely! I didn't time myself or wear my Garmin. I think I was out about 30 minutes, but that's just an estimate. It really doesn't matter. Today is supposed to be another beautiful day, so I might do this again.

I know I will run again. And I'm unlikely to hold out for the full five weeks, especially if the weather is this good. But when I do get back into it, it will not be on a schedule. I will run when I feel like running, and not run when I don't.

No comments: