Sunday, December 04, 2005

Thanks to Flo for this link. My friends and I used to try to figure out what kind of dog we were. I used to tell KH that she was like a Border Collie because she was so industrious and CL is like a Jack Russell because she can't sit still and talks before she thinks. J thinks that I have the temperament of a Huskie, but that one wasn't on the list (maybe Malamut is a close relative). Turns out I'm a Lab! It was the most popular, actually, representing about 30% of respondents.

Labrador
What Common Breed of Dog Are You?

brought to you by Quizilla

So, that's it then.


I had a decent run this morning (12K). My legs were feeling like lead when I first started out, but then I felt better as I got warmed up. I've fallen off the food journalling wagon a bit lately. I was down to 168.8 on Friday, but I ate a fair bit this weekend, so I don't know what things will look like on Monday. Oh well, we'll see. I'd like to not GAIN weight between now and January.

I had a pretty good weekend. Friday was drinks with coworkers right after work then a social with one of my running clubs. It was great to meet some people in person whom I've only ever "met" on-line.

On Saturday I did laundry and then met up with CL and KL for a swim (1600m). I went shopping (for myself) in the afternoon and then raced home to do a quick workout on my (old) bike before heading out to meet some other friends for dinner to celebrate our birthdays (there are a bunch of us with BDs in December). Drank lychee martinis - yum! Phew. Busy day!

After today's run and breakfast I did a bit of shopping (two more Christmas gifts) and bought the supplies I need to make shortbread cookies. Batch #1 (66 cookies, minus 2 I've eaten - needed to make sure they were edible before I give them away) is done. I'll make another batch later in the week for the BC to take to a cookie exchange next weekend. These cookies are awesome and keep beautifully as long as they're in a tin, so I can make them ahead. But I also have to get them out of my house ASAP or I will seriously eat them all!

1 comment:

Flo said...

You're welcome. Hey, labs are pretty cool, I happen to be mom to 2 of them :)