Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Flashback...

I'm giving myself a good chuckle reading some of my old journal entries. This is from WAY BEFORE I started on-line journalling.

Here's an exerpt from November 22, 1996:

I don't know how many days it's been since I started, but it's been a little over a month. So far, I feel great. I've fallen off the wagon a bit with the food and water parts. It's hard to fit everything into a day. The best part is that working out in the morning gets me started on the right foot. [...] I made the Great Attenders board at the fitness centre. I worked out 11 days in October. I think that's pretty good since I only started part way through the month.

December 9, 1996:

I went for a jog/walk yesterday. I tried to set short running goals for myself and it wasn't too bad. An article I read in Cosmo said that the first 5-10 minutes of running is harder than the second. What a joke - I couldn't run for 5 minutes straight if my life depended on it! That's a bad analogy, but you get the picture. My legs are really sore today, too.

January 13, 1997:

Had a good workout this morning. I ran for 7 minutes and I actually felt like I broke through the pain after 5 minutes. I'm going to try for 8 minutes tomorrow morning.

January 14, 1997:

I did it!! I was #1 on the Great Attenders Board for December! I won with 20 workouts in December. There were four people who went 19 times. Coming in those Saturdays really paid off. I ran for 8 minutes today - the longest ever! It really does wipe me out, though.

Oh, how far I've come since then... It encourages me during times now when I don't think I'll ever reach my goals.

The other thing that really struck me about my entries is how my behaviour towards men hasn't changed one single bit since then. I am still just as obsessed about guys who have no interest in me. I still read into things they say and do and think that there's "meaning" in them. I and still lack any kind of confidence in myself where my interactions with men are concerned. Have I learned nothing in the last 9 years?? Clearly not. [sigh] I was totally hung up on a guy back then who had no interest in me beyond friendship, yet for some reason I could not see that, despite all the evidence. And the same thing is true today, except that it's a different guy. Let him go, La. Let him go.

1 comment:

Flo said...

I love reading my old journals. It really does put things in perspective when you're feeling like you're not doing very good (what, me, freak out??? NO WAY!!!). It's amazing how far you've come; Good Job!!!!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!