Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tired

I think there's a "tired" bug going around. I don't know anyone who isn't feeling tired right now. For the record, I'm not the one who started the epidemic, so don't go blaming me!

Just like Monday when I had planned to swim, I packed and hauled my knapsack to work, with the intention of going to the gym, either at lunch or after work. Well, I had a meeting that didn't get out until noon and I was starving at that point, so I bailed on the gym in favour of lunch. Then 4:30 came around and I really didn't feel like going.

I made a deal with myself: if I got my computer shut down and got to the streetcar stop in time to catch my 4:45 streetcar, then I could go home and ride my bike or something. If not, then I would go to the gym (since it would be 15 minutes before the next one came and it beats standing around). Well, I caught the 4:45 streetcar, so no gym. And as soon as I walked into my apartment I changed right into my jammies (so, no bike ride tonight).

I WILL go to the gym tomorrow morning. I WILL, I WILL , I WILL!! Promise.

Without my planned exercise, I'll probably end up going over on calories today. I'll just cut back a bit tomorrow.

It's been snowing off and on here all day. Not much accumulation, but just enough to mess up the roads and sidewalks. And it's insanely windy out, too.

I didn't make it to run club last night as I had to pick the BC up at the airport. She had a bit of a customs nightmare, so she didn't come out until about 90 minutes after her plane landed. It was soooooo great to see her, though! When I got home, I didn't even stop long enough to think about it and just got into my running clothes right away. I ran up the street then turned around and ran back down, for a total of 5.6K. Not a major workout, but I was going at a pretty good clip and the first half was entirely uphill.

So, I guess my message for today is: no guilt. No guilt over not working out. No guilt over too many calories. Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Jennifer P said...

Looks like your weather is NUTS! And for a Winnipegger to say that is a compliment (in a bizarre sort of way). Don't let the weather wreck your exercise plans!

Flo said...

Sometimes it just goes like that. I've been struggling with it for months now. I know I'll get it back together it just takes time. Good luck and just keep plugging along...