Thursday, November 10, 2005

Good news, bad news

[sigh]

The good news is that I get to pick the finishes for my new condo this weekend!! I called the Real Estate Agent and he arranged the appointment for this coming Sunday. I don't really know what I have to choose from, but I definitely have a picure in my mind of what I want.

Yes, I'm getting into nesting mode again.

The bad news? Well, he also informed me that the occupancy date has been delayed and it likely won't be ready until mid-January (whaaa!). I had all kinds of plans for Christmas (oops, Cripsmas, sorry J) in my new place, so now we'll have to figure something else out.

Here's the artist's concept of what the building looks like from the exterior. It pretty much does look like that (except that where the trees are on the right is an old house next door):













Here's a photo of what it looked like a couple of months ago:





















I need to get some new shots because it's looking pretty swanky now that all the windows are in. Here's the layout. I's a two-storey loft, the left is the lower level and the right is the upper. For some reason the images aren't of even scale. The whole place is about 780 square feet (total):






















That's it! Pretty cool, eh? La's gonna be a HOMEOWNER!! Woo!

3 comments:

Jennifer P said...

Wow! The layout looks great. That's disappointing about the possession date, but at least you won't have the stress and worry about moving during Christmas. What part of the city is it in?

Flo said...

The new place looks very cool. I wouldn't mind having a place like that - you can throw a party in your bedroom ;) Congrats on the new place...

BethK said...

That looks so cool! Swank indeed. Sorry about the delay. That's not fun. I agree with Jen above, though. I would think that trying to close and move during the holidays would be kind of stressful. Finishes! You get finishes!