Monday, November 21, 2005

Swimming... NOT!

Oh, I had intentions. Good ones. I packed my bag to take to the office this morning. At 3PM I printed off a workout and even put it in a little plastic page holder so that it wouldn't get wet.

And then 4:30 came along and I had absolutely NO interest in walking over to the pool. I picked up my knapsack, zipped up my jacket and walked to the streetcar stop instead of to the pool. No second thoughts.

But on the 30-min ride home, I started to feel the little pangs of guilt. Mostly because I had allowed myself to have a chocolate bar this afternoon to satisfy a craving I'd been having for a while. And without that workout I was going to be over on my calories for the day.

So, I put my dinner in the microwave on a delay timer and jumped on my bike for 30+ minutes. My guilt assuaged, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner and have now hunkered down for an evening of channel and internet surfing.

I was up a couple of of pounds this morning (back up to 169.8) , but that's to be expected considering today was day two of my period. It also explains the chocolate cravings.

Tomorrow: I WILL get up and go to the gym in the morning. I promise! There's a 6:30 Gravity class that I quite like, so I'm planning to go to that. I can probably also squeeze in a quick cardio workout after that as I don't have any early meetings tomorrow. We have our final regular-season floor hockey game tomorrow night (then two weeks of playoffs). We're in last place, but we could move up a place depending on how the team ahead of us does.

The BC comes home from her month-long pilgrimage on Wednesday and I'm going to the airport to pick her up in the afternoon. What a star! Walking 700km in 30 days! It boggles the mind. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Oh, forgot to mention about yesterday's run. We did 14.4K in 1:35, which is a pretty good pace for me for a long run (6:35 per km). We were a pretty good-sized group, too, and it was a perfect day for running (sunny and cool).

No comments: