Friday, November 04, 2005

Frrrrrriday!

Oh, I just love Fridays! I like them even better when I have something exciting to do on Friday night. Alas, tonight I do not.

I did laundry after work (yawn) and then came home and nuked something for dinner. I went over on my calories today, but only by about 80 calories (and that's with trying for a 500-calorie deficit). But the whole thing is really moot because I don't know for sure what my BMR is, what my additional calories burned in a day are, and I also don't know exactly the calorie count of some of the foods I ate today. So there.

I took the day off from exercise, too, because I'm racing on Sunday. I like to take the day-before-the-day-before my race off. Tomorrow, I'll do some light spinning on my bike in the morning and then I have to drive up to pick up my race kit so that I don't have to worry about it on race morning. I'm also going to meet J and her mum for lunch, I think.

My pre-race plan is to hydrate and eat well, but my favourite pre-race ritual is to have a beer the night before the race, so I'll do that tomorrow. Just one, mind you. And it'll be a nice hearty one (Kilkenny) not some sappy domestic-water-for-beer. Blech!

I have several goals for Sunday's race. Ideally, I'd like to be able to finish in under 2:15. If the stars align, I'd love to break my previous PB of 2:10:01. This spring, I ran the NYC Half Marathon in 2:14, which was quite hilly and I hadn't really done much training, so I think it's possible to do sub-2:15 as I've actually trained for this race. We'll see. Full report to follow on Sunday.

No comments: