Monday, October 05, 2009

Took the Plunge!

I signed up for Dinnerworks. Holy carp, it's not cheap! I bought a two-dinner package for $139 (plus GST) and that doesn't include the dinner! I think I get one free drink with that.

Anyway, I think I might be attending my first event next Tuesday the 13th. I just have to hear back from them. There are a fair number of events coming up, so if not this one, then another one. The key for me is the age range - I don't always have a lot in common with people my own age: no kids, more physically active than most, etc.

But, I'm just trying to "do a different thing" in the hopes of achieving a different outcome.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

HollyV said...

cool! So what exactly do they do??

La said...

They organize small to medium dinner "parties" at local restaurants. I think this is a small event (6 people) that I am going to. You're paying for their "matchmaking" service, meaning that they organize all the people who will be there so that there are people with similar interests, age groups, etc. This one is a 40-50 event. Some are 30+, others are 40-55, 35-45, etc. There's also an event hostess (so I guess you're paying for her, too).

I got a message on my home phone that I'm registered for the dinner on Tuesday but that they'd like to talk to me to get to know me a bit first. I guess this is where the "matchmaking" part comes in.

HollyV said...

neat idea! And if you don't meet anyone to date, at least you get a good meal out of it. :)