Monday, February 22, 2010

And then there were none

My dating pool is now completely empty. Here's how things played out since Friday:

Friday, 10:18AM
Him: Would you like to go for coffee on Sunday...
11:15AM
Me: Sure. When and where? The afternoon is best for me.
5:40PM
Him: I wouldn't mind coming to (your neighbourhood)... The afternoon works for me...
5:45PM
Me: Be sure to pack a lunch for your journey ;) Give me a call and we can settle on a location/time.

Saturday - nothing.

Sunday, 11:30AM
Me: Good morning. What's the plan for this aft?

4:21PM
Him: Oh my gosh! I am sooo sorry, but I didn't think that we were on for today. :( I must have missed a text or voice mail from you... It's totally my fault I should have phoned you Friday after work.
=======================================

I have not replied to his last text. What's to reply to? Am I to say that it's no problem that he totally blew me off? That it's OK? That I'll make myself available (again) for him this week? No.

If he hadn't cancelled our previous date (by TEXT!!) the week before, I might have overlooked it. If he had actually CALLED ME at 4:20 yesterday instead of SENDING A TEXT, I might have given him another chance. But no; this is stupid.

I also know that it's a test of my new resolve not to be so damned accommodating. Any time I put something out there to the universe I always get tested on how serious I am about it.

So, with J out of the picture, I've managed to successfully exhaust my pool of potential dates. I've closed my two on-line accounts, so the pool isn't likely to be replenished any time soon.

I already have a cat - anyone know where I can get a moo-moo?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Maybe we can find mumus this weekend when I'm there. See my blog post... Not going much better over here. We can be the cool old ladies in the 'hood that drink wine and give good candy on Halloween. Nothing wrong with that.

Kelodie said...

Unacceptable! I can't believe this guy's nerve. Hang in there, Spring is just around the corner. There will be plenty of guys looking for a wonderful woman such as you.