Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Excess

Oy, when will the feeding frenzy end??

I know, I know... it's all within my control - nobody is forcing the food into my mouth. But still... somehow I have a hard time restraining myself from mindless snacking at this time of year.

Here's the recap of my week:

Thursday evening: Met H, N and her friend K for dinner/drinks on Thursday night. Had a mediocre braised lamb shank for dinner. An OK bottle of wine (Ontario Pinot Noir) and a pint of Kilkenny.

Friday: I threw the Skor bar pieces into the garbage so that I wouldn't continue to munch on them. Rode my bike trainer for an hour.

Saturday: I ran 18K in just over 2 hours with my friends. No time for a post-run breakfast as I had to pick up the turkey from the butcher then go home and make pastry and tourtiere for dinner. Went to my aunt's and only had 1 1/2 platefuls of food (and the half-plateful was mostly salad). Since I was driving, I only had one glass of wine and some gingerale.

Sunday: No exercise. Opened presents at the BC's then made breakfast (pancakes). Not sure how many I ate. Went home and cooked some more(made stuffing and an onion tart) then back to the BC's to put the turkey in the oven. Snacked on lots of things, including chocolates.

Monday: Ran for 40 minutes. Didn't eat much - had Mini-Wheats before my run and a latte with a low-fat blueberry muffin afterwards. Except for one chocolate bar that made it's way from my Christmas stocking into my mouth (damn you, Santa!), didn't eat again until dinner (spaghetti and meatballs, one glass of wine). There was a power failure at home (more on that later).

And now it's Tuesday. I'm on my way out to meet P and the BC for pedicures! Yea!

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Ugh, I feel like crap from overeating too. Thank good for working out!