Monday, December 19, 2005

Only 2 More Sleeps!

Until I'm on Christmas break! Woo!

P and Creek come on Wednesday around noon, so the BC is going to meet us at the train station and we'll all go to lunch together - just the family! It will be lovely before all the craziness of the rest of the holidays starts.

I posted a small gain this morning, likely because I overate this weekend. I had gotten down to 166.0 the other day, which is a total new low for me. I'm back up to 169 now, which is a bit of a drag, but I'm not too worried as I'll surely be able to get back on track. I've come this far and I'm not going to blow it just so that I can indulge in holiday treats - short-term gratification just isn't worth the long-term pain of having to work it off.

I also missed my bike ride on Saturday because I had stuff to do. I did run 15K yesterday, though.

Yesterday afternoon I got together with H &PQ to make gingerbread houses. The only "rule" was that everything had to be edible and you had to use the basic pre-fab kit. It's amazing how the three of us came up with completely different houses from the same basic kit! It was great - we dranks some wine, ate lots of candy, noshed on leftover nibblies - everything a Sunday afternoon should be.

Today is my rest day, which means that I also can't overeat today as I haven't earned any extra calories. That said, I'm on my way out to exchange gifts with KH and CL and there will be wine/food involved, so I'm sure I'll be over calories again today (not to mention some of the leftover candy I nibbled on while tidying up the kitchen this evening). I did get a bit of walking in today as my streetcar didn't come in time and I ended up having to walk home in the freezing cold from the stop down the street (rather than being dropped off right across from my apartment).

I'm also out every other night this week, so I better be getting in my workouts so that I won't have to worry about what and how much I am eating.

Time to go!

2 comments:

Jennifer P said...

I'm dreading tomorrow's weigh in. I stepped on the scale today and it wasn't pretty. I'm thinking the way you are -- I know what I need to do to get on track. I'm going to enjoy my Christmas food -- that's what running shoes and gyms were made for!
We're making gingerbread houses this weekend -- rumour has it that it will be a red light district theme...

Flo said...

"2 more sleeps" I've decided that's a totally Canadian thing. I've never heard it before yet everyone who's Canadian is using it.

I was up this week too, totally left any mention of that off, and the next 2 weeks aren't looking good on the weight front. Luckily there will be plenty of time for running.