Thursday, December 08, 2005

Week in Review

I can't believe I haven't updated since Sunday! Baaaaad, blogger! I was reading everyone else's blogs, but for some reason never thought to post an update myself.

Monday: Didn't get to yoga because H wasn't able to go. Plan B was to swim - I even brought my swim gear to work because I suspected that yoga wasn't going to happen and I wanted to be sure I had my gear with me. In the end, I also bailed on the swim. I had to lug my knapsack plus my computer, a projector, flip charts and my purse on the streetcar. I was almost home when I realized that I had left my keys in the lock of my desk drawer! Normally, I lock up my laptop in my desk, take the keys and head home. But since I took my computer with me, I totally forgot them. I knew that H was at home because I had just talked to her, so I called her and asked her to meet me at my place with my spare keys. In the end it all worked out.

Tuesday: I was working off site (hence the need for the laptop, projector and flip charts) for the day. Class was uneventful. That evening, we played our final floor hockey game and lost a very close and hard-fought game. I got wacked on the big toe with a stick, so I was hobbling a bit. Didn't get to bed until midnight (yawn).

Wednesday: Day two of training. Again, uneventful. My toe was ACHING, though. I had to wear my flattest, most comfortable shoes because the pressure under my big toenail was excrutiatingly painful. I was worried that I might not be able to run that evening. But by the time I got to the store the pressure had eased a bit. Besides, the toe box in my running shoes is quite large, so there were no issues. I had an OUTSTANDING run that night. We did a 6K run (1K warm-up, 3K tempo, 2K cool-down). I ran the 3K tempo in 16 minutes, which means a 5:20/km pace - very fast for me. Normally that's the pace I can run for a mile, not 3K. So, very happy with that all around.

Today: I had a lovely surprise on the scales this morning: 167.8! It'd been a while since I had seen that number, so I was quite happy. Not that I should allow my mood to be dictated by some arbitrary number, but that's where I am right now. I kind of goofed off at work today. I had a meeting in the morning and I did do some work, but not as much as I should have. After work, we had a charity poker tournament to raise money for our United Way campaign. It was $20 but since there were only 10 of us, the pot to the winner was only $50 (with $30 for 2nd and $20 for 3rd). I ended up in the final four, which doesn't add up to anything. But it was fun. I also took today as my "off" day from exercise, which means NO EXCUSES for getting to the gym tomorrow.

I probably won't get a chance to post another entry until some time on Saturday afternoon as it's going to be a busy couple of days. Tomorrow is my birthday (42 years young) and I'm going out for dinner with some friends and then to a Christmas party for my running club.

On Saturday, I'll probably ride my bike in the morning (on my trainer) and then I have this crazy run to do in the afternoon. My friends and I are doing the Santa Speedo Run, which means that we are going to don our finest swimsuits, running shoes and Santa hats and run through one of the most chi-chi shopping areas in the city! Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into! I'll probably still be hung over from Friday night, so that will help. I'm getting together with the BC in the evening to celebrate my BD since she's not getting back into town until late in the day on Friday.

That's the plan for now. Have a lovely weekend, all!

No comments: