Thursday, January 12, 2006

Endorphins

Now I remember why I love running so much: endorphins!

I had an endorphin-filled run today. We've been blessed with warmer than normal temperatures the last couple of days. It was 8C (about 46F) and sunny here today. I don't know if it was the sun (which we haven't seen much of the last few weeks), the fact that I ran in SHORTS, or the endorphins from the 8.5K run I did this afternoon, but I feel awesome!

I finished up my training course early today (just after noon), so I was home by 2PM, which was great. I threw on my running gear (shorts, l/s shirt, vest and cap) and head out for my planned 8.5K run. The route I took was great because there were long stretches without stoplights (as hitting red lights just interrupts my rhythm).

I'm way under on calories today, so I need to get some in me pretty soon. I didn't have time for a proper lunch, so all I had was a multi-grain bagel with a slice of cheddar. I think I'll put a sweet potato in the oven as that is my current favourite treat. And much better for me than plain old white potatoes.

I'm back in the office tomorrow so I'll try to head to the gym at lunch or right after work. I have a 40th BD party to go to in the evening, but I can't drink up a storm as I have Mega Training Day on Saturday.

MEGA TRAINING DAY! Say that like it's being spoken through an echo machine, just like MONSTER TRUCK JAM! Ha ha.

Full report to follow on Sunday.

On a completely different note...

I was watching TV and the Pussycat Dolls came on singing their latest song. What the heck does, "I'm a stick with you" mean??

Yeah, yeah, I know... it's just the "hip" way of saying "I'm GOING TO stick with you." Sometimes I really hate the way people in popular culture speak, especially in the hip-hop culture. Actually, the thing I hate is that it's become acceptable - cool, actually! - not to enunciate or pronounce things properly. Grrrr.

[La gets off soapbox and ends rant]

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Wimpy handshake = bad news. That other guy is just a jackass. That PCD song drives me crazy too! Everyone in my office knows that and they take please is turning up the volume when it comes on. Like nails on a chalkboard I tell you!

How's the condo coming?