Friday, January 06, 2006

Four Days

Oh yes, boys and girls, I made it through the week TOTALLY ON PLAN! OK, so it was only a four-day week, but it's a small victory that I'll take.

I ran 7.5K on Tuesday night, then ran hills on Wednesday. I had planned to only run 3 hills because I was worried that I couldn't do any more than that. But I sucked it up and pulled four out of the bag. And I felt great! Well, as great as one can feel while running up a hill with your heart and lungs about to pop out of your chest...

Thursday was a planned rest day. It's been a long time since I've run on back-to-back days, so I opted to take the day off so as to avoid risking injury.

Today, I wasn't quite able to drag my ass out of bed in time to get to the gym, so I planned to go at lunch instead. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical followed by a core workout. I managed to hold the plank for 70 seconds and then followed that up with two sets of pushups (although the girlie kind). I managed 15 on the first set and only 12 on the second. I also did 2x25 crunches and 2x15 back extensions. That's about all I had time for.

After work, I met CL and KL for a swim. We were just finishing up our drills when the fire alarm went off. Grrrr. We had to get out of the pool and since my rythym was interrupted, I just opted to call it a day since we didn't know how long the alarm would be sounding. After standing around the pool deck for five minutes, I went to the change room. The alarm ended by the time I had gotten dressed. Figures. Anyway, 600 meters is better than zero meters!

Food has also been on plan all week. I've tracked everything in Nutr1diary and only went slightly over calories one day, but came under every other day, so it all worked out. The only violations I've had were two Rice Krispie Squares, which really isn't that much of a violation in the scheme of things, especially considering I stayed within my limits.

Unfortunately, none of this has shown a lick on the scales! I've been hovering around 169 all week. I got up to almost 172 after the holidays, but it took no time at all to get back down under 170. I just wish my good behaviour this week had paid off a little bit more than that!

Plans for the weekend: 90-min bike ride tomorrow and then a 16K run on Sunday. No social engagements, so it will be easy to stay on plan.

Gee, my life is boring. Hmph.

2 comments:

Jennifer P said...

The scales not loving me yet either, and I've been REALLY good all week. Stupid scale. I was into your theory about new weight (because I had the same theory too), but I'm thinking the new weight joined the old weight club and now is very happy hanging out on my ass...

Flo said...

Excellent start La. I'm back from vacation and back on program too. Just keep it up and it will come off.