Sunday, March 05, 2006

Long time no see!

Oops! Goodness, it's been a while since I've written! What's been going on with me, you ask?

Well, first - the Olympics. I was totally engrossed in the Olympics for three weeks and every spare moment of time was spent watching as many events as possible on TV. And when I wasn't watching Olympics, I was talking on the phone with friends about the Olympics. Phew! Now that they're over, I've got some sense of normalcy in my life.

Workout-wise, it's been pretty good. I've done 95% of my workouts and 100% of my runs. I had a rough run last Sunday (24.5K in 3:07) with horrible lower back pain, so I was a bit worried about my planned 27K run yesterday. Since I had to run alone this week, I made a last-minute decision to run for time (3hrs) rather than distance. I also played it safe by doing two 45-min out-and-back routes so that I wouldn't ever be too far from home. It was a good thing, because at the end of the first loop (90 minutes), I had to pee SO BADLY, I was glad that I could run into my apartment before heading out for my second lap. The second lap was different that the first, but again I just ran out for 45 minutes and then back home. I was very happy with my run, even though I didn't cover the 27K I had hoped (it was only 25.5K). I took today off as I had to work at a booth at the Bike Show to promote the Tri Club my friends and I are organizing.

Food-wise, things are going OK. I've stopped logging my food on Nutridiary, so I guess my weight is the best gauge. I think I forgot to report that I had a new lowest weight ever of 164.6 on February 27, which was a big milestone for me. My weight always seems to fluctuate up and down by a few pounds every day and I often see a few days of gain after a new low weight, so I'm kind of using my upper range as the gauge of my progess. Lately, I've been topping out at 167, whereas a few months ago, my high end was around 170, so it's all good.

Dating-wise, I think I mentioned that I had been communicating with two different guys. Well, one has fallen by the wayside as it seems that he is dating someone else. Bygones. But the other one has really developed into something good. We're great friends and everything between us is based on mutual respect, friendship and - most importantly - honesty. I have never been involved in a relationship with anyone that was so honest. It's very refreshing. I've had a bit of a personal renaissance (thanks, J, for that word) and I really like where I am now. This guy certainly isn't the love of my life and he's been clear that he's not looking for anything long-term right now, but we're enjoying ourselves. So, for now, it's all good.

I don't have any major plans for the week, just the usual workout stuff.

2 comments:

BethK said...

Good news on both the weighing and dating front. I'm glad your back pain problem didn't develop into anything heinous.

Denise said...

Sounds like Life is Good!