Thursday, February 23, 2006

Is it Friday yet?

Not quite yet...

It's been a really boring week at work and I've been doing all I can do to keep busy. I've got a little more to do over the next couple of days, but things are definitely slow.

The downside to that is that it gives me far too much time to think. And it's never good when I spend too much time thinking. I have this way of talking myself in or out of things too easily. When I'm spending too much time in my head, bad things can happen.

I'm still communicating with a couple of guys, both of them very different, both of whom I care very deeply for, both for very different reasons. These are actually guys I know in real life - not on-line dates or anything. And it's not even like I'm really trying to decide between them because one of them isn't really in a place where he's ready to be in a relationship as he's in the process of ending one and definitely needs time to figure things out. The other guy is ready, willing and able, but I'm just approaching that one with caution because I don't know if I can really see myself with him as a romantic partner. We're compatible on some levels, but on others we are just not on the same page. Argh.

And as a result of my communication with the two of them, I haven't been following up with the guys who've e-mailed me from POF. They seem nice enough, but I don't know if I have the energy to devote to communicating with any more guys right now. It's confusing enough trying to deal with my conflicting feelings for two guys, let alone adding any more into the mix.

The thing I've realized is that, as flattering as it is to have two guys paying all this attention to me, I really am a "one man gal". Having more than one person in my life is just far too confusing for me.

***

Workout-wise, it's been a pretty good week. I made it to the gym on Monday morning. On Tuesday, I did 10x100m strides as a speed workout. Last night, I ran with my club and we did a 7.8K route and I managed a pace of below 6 min/km, and that's even with two stop lights where I didn't stop my watch. Today was my rest day and tomorrow I'll head back to the gym. The plan for Saturday is to go to Mega Training Day again (3-hour bike ride, 75-min yoga, 90-min swim). On Sunday, I have to do a 25K run, so I can't go too hard on Saturday.

Food-wise, it's been OK. I haven't eaten too much junk, but I was probably a bit high on calories a few days. I was up a couple of pounds this week, so I have to keep that in check. And I might have to go back to journaling my food if my weight doesn't go back to where it was.

It's interesting, because at the beginning of this weight loss phase I used to get obsessive about weighing myself every day and journaling every morsel of food I put in my mouth. And the result was weight-loss, but I didn't always like the way I felt about myself because of that borderline obsessive behaviour. Now, I'm hardly journaling at all, yet still weighing myself daily, and I'm not feeling as obsessive. I actually feel quite happy about where I am, regardless of what the scales say. The harsh reality is that I haven't been losing weight as consistently as I had been in the past. I've kind of hit a plateau. I think I might just have to maintain, though, for the next four weeks until my race is over. Since my mileage is starting to get up there, dieting is starting to get a bit hard. So, I'll stay where I am for now and hope not to re-gain any weight.

No comments: