Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Non-Valentine's Day

I got V-day wishes from two guys today. Both married. I got a cryptic V-day message from a single guy I know, but I wasn't sure what he meant by it. Something about how people celebrate V-day in Korea. Neither of us is Korean. And although nice, he's not someone that I am even mildly interested in.

My on-line running friend and I had a great e-chat today. I think we've come to agreement on what is (or rather, is not) going on between the two of us. The good thing is that I still have a great friend and we still have this mutual admiration thing going on. As I said to him today, people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. I'm not sure which category we fit into, but I'm not going to question it right now. As long as we can continue our harmless flirting (which, at this time, is boosting both of our self-confidence), then I'm OK with that.

It's still a little sad, though, because he said some really nice and positive things about me. Why is it that the ones who aren't in a position to get involved with you are your biggest fans? I've got enough married "suitors", thank-you-very-much!

The next part of my V-day was spent with my friend LT who helped me pick out tile for my new condo. I got a call late Sunday from the RE Agent saying that if I wanted them to install tiles for me, I'd have to deliver them this week. LT and I had been having a conversation about how strong, independant women like me need to ask guys for help every once in a while. So, when he offered to come with me, I took him up on the offer. My car is now filled with 120 square feet of porcelain tile for my kitchen and powder room. It must weight 400 pounds (not a word of a lie), so my car is riding a little low and doesn't have much pick-up. I'll drop it off tomorrow morning. The powder room tiles are beige(ish) and the kitchen tiles are a slate grayish/green. I think they'll be nice.

LT is another guy from my run club whom I've gotten to know a lot better in the last couple of months. We've actually known each other for almost seven years, but he's kind of faded in and out of the group a bit over that time. He flirts with me shamelessly, too - except that he is actually single. We're about the same age (he's nine months older) and have had some really great conversations lately, but I'm not really physically attracted to him and he's also a bit too high strung for me (cannot sit still for 30 seconds). I really don't see anything developing there.

Tonight, I went to my running clinic and we did a speed workout. Well, they did a speed workout; I just did a slightly up-tempo run. I have my killer hill workout tomorrow night, so I wanted to save something for that.

So, that is how I spent my V-day. Nothing romantic at all, but not a bad day. Actually, the worst part of my day was getting an e-mail from my mum saying that she didn't put any cinnamon hearts in the mail to me this year. She said the cost of the postage was more than the cost of the candy! So sad.

2 comments:

BethK said...

The tile sounds pretty and I know it's no lie how much that stuff weighs. Do you get to carry it, box by box, upstairs, too?

Jennifer P said...

How are things with your condo going? I'm jealous of your tile! We're just getting lino...