Sunday, February 12, 2006

Just a quick update

It's a gorgeous, cold sunny day here. I met BG for a run at 8:30 and we ran 21.3K in 2:30. It felt mostly effortless, although the last 3-4K are always tough. I think that's a little slow, but we did have a few stoplights, so that could be why.

My DVD player seems to be on the fritz. I rented Elizabethtown last night and couldn't get it to play. The screen just kept showing "Now Reading" and would never actually play. After fighting with it for 30 minutes I finally decided to give up. Then I remembered that I could actually watch it on my laptop, so that's what I did.

It was a charming little movie with a really great soundtrack (as all Cameron Crowe movies are - except Vanilla Sky, which just sucked). I quite enjoyed it.

Today, I'm wathing Olympics on TV. We won another medal today - a bronze in the women's 3,000m speed skating (Cindy Klassen). That adds to the gold we won yesterday in women's moguls (Jennifer Heil). Go, Canada!!

Next up: more house cleaning! I had workout-interruptus yesterday (long, boring story about my bike), so I spent the day cleaning instead. I still have to give the kitchen a good cleaning, change my bedsheets and tidy up my bedroom.

I'll probably go to the gym after work tomorrow before my tri club meeting. Tuesday and Wednesday I have my running clinics (but won't be doing two back-to-back hard workouts like I did two weeks ago). We're having a launch/social for our new triathlon club on Thursday. That makes for a pretty full week!

No comments: