Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Week Ahead

I just got in from my hill workout. We did 6 hills this evening, but the total distance of the workout (6.8K) was far less than we did last week (10.1K) as we had a much shorter warm-up and cool-down run.

The run felt really good. I kept an even pace through each of the hills and was able to maintain my intensity througout the entire workout.

I've fallen off the food journaling bandwagon. I haven't recorded much since lunch on Friday. From what I can tell, I did pretty well yesterday and today, so I'm not too worried. I probably should continue to log, though, just so that things don't get out of hand.

I'm still at this weight plateau that ranges between a low of 166-ish and a high of 168-ish. Wednesdays seem to be my lowest weight days, although I'm not quite sure why. I was at 166.8 this morning, so hopefully I'll be a little lower tomorrow (since that's the day I report into the weight loss thread on my running forum). I'd love to be closer to 160. I just feel like I haven't made much progress in the last few weeks.

That said, I have two pairs of pants I bought recently that are actually feeling a bit baggy. So, maybe my body is just doing that repositioning of fat and muscle. My legs (especially my quads) feel as solid as tree trunks and I feel very strong, so I'm happy about that. I'm just really frustrated by all the abdominal and back fat I have that doesn't seem to want to go away.

I might have to change things up a bit in terms of the balance of carbs, protein and fat and pay more attention to that balance on a daily basis, rather than simply on the total number of calories consumed.

The plans for the rest of this week are:

Run tomorrow night, probably about 8K at an easy-ish pace. I'll see how I feel. I definitely won't be doing another hard workout like I did last week.

Thursday: I'll probably get off work early and then I have to take my bike back into the shop. I hope I can figure out a time to get a workout in because I have a meeting for my tri club at 5:30 and then a dinner out with some friends at 7:00. Hmmm, might have to skip my workout on Thursday.

Friday: I'm planning on swimming, but as I always do with swimming, I usually make a last-minute decision. I don't think I have any plans for Friday night, but that's just as well because I have a busy workout day on Saturday.

Wait!! OMG, I totally know what I'm doing on Friday - watching the first night of the Olympics!! I LOVE the Olympics!! I have to check out the TV schedule so that I know when the good stuff is on. I'm going to be out all day Saturday, so I hope I don't miss anything good!

My long run for this weekend is scheduled for 22K. Yowsa! That's the longest run I've done since late October. It'll be fine.

No comments: