Sunday, February 05, 2006

Oh, my aching...

Yesterday: did 2:15 on my trainer with a group. Lots of hill climbing, so my quads and glutes were burning by the end.

Met up with some friends for dinner & drinks last night. After three margaritas, we headed to another pub where I had one more beer. I didn't get home until after 1AM, so it was close to 1:30 before my head hit the pillow.

I had already arranged with BG, my running partner (who was out with our group partying last night), that we would meet at 9:30 instead of 8:30 for our 20K run. Here I was thinking that the extra hour of sleep would make a difference. Ha!

Today: I slept until about 3:30AM when I had to get up to pee. After that, I tossed and turned until about 6:30AM when I was fully wide awake. I managed to stay in bed (although awake) until about 7:30AM. I then got up, had breakfast and waited around until it was time to go running.

It's insanely windy here today. We were supposed to get a storm overnight, but all it turned into was very high winds and rain, not the 10-15cm of snow they had predicted. I think areas outside the city got hammered, but we were spared (thanks to Lake Ontario! Woo!).

BG and I did an out-and-back route, intentionally running into the wind so that we'd have it at our backs on the way back. At some points it was quite comical as we did our best Marcel Marceau impersonations of "man walking/running into the wind". At one point, a gust came off the lake that was so strong that it actually picked up all 195 pounds of him and slammed him against me! It was quite comical. By the time we were getting to the last 5K I started to feel my quads and glutes from yesterday's workout. I was perfectly fine energy-wise, it was just muscle fatigue that got the best of me. I was very thankful when I finished the run that the washroom at the store had one of those handicapped bars next to the toilet because I wouldn't have been able to lower myself onto the seat otherwise! Or get back up, for that matter!

I'm now about to make some meat sauce for lasagne. Mmmmmm. Might invite myself over to CL/KL's for dinner with lasagne in hand. If not, it will just be me and a big ol' pan of meat, cheese and pasta! And I'm not saying that's a bad thing...

Go Steelers!

1 comment:

Flo said...

Wow, I'm impressed. If I stay up till 1:00 I'm lucky to get out of bed by noon let alone run. Great job. Enjoy your lasagna. Go Seattle ;)