Thursday, August 27, 2009

All the cool kids are doing it...

So, I haven't posted here in a while. I have another private/personal journal I write in, as well as a great on-line running forum that I post on that meets most of the needs that writing a public blog fulfilled.

But I thought I'd start things up again since a few of my friends have started blogs recently. The common theme among them is a sort of "Adventures in Internet-Datingland" approach. So here goes my contribution to that...

I guess the first important piece of information is that I recently broke up with someone that I'd been seeing for a few months. We met on-line. I had been "dating" lots of guys at that point, but when I met R I knew that there was something different about him. He was the 9th of 10 guys I went out with in a 12-month period - hardly a prolific dating life, but it had gotten more active in the first few months of 2009.

I'm not sure really what happened to cause the breakup. Even though our relationship was short-lived, it was pretty intense and we'd started to make plans for our future together. We just seemed to fit really well. But then I started to feel him drifting away from me toward the beginning of July. Part of that was due to his work/travel schedule, as well as some traveling on my part. All of these were things that had been planned long before we met, so we knew that we just had to make it to mid-August before all our previously-scheduled commitments were over and we could spend more time together. But as I said, once July approached, he started to become distant and the time we spent apart was difficult to bridge. Finally, the week after I got back from Lake Placid (and many attempts to talk and resolve things), things became unbearable for me and I decided to end it. Other than a very heartfelt e-mail I sent him a few days later (and a very brief reply on his part) we have not spoken or seen each other since the first Monday in August. I don't plan on contacting him, and knowing him, he is unlikely to contact me (stubborn Scot that he is).

It doesn't seem like a lot of time has passed, but I really feel like I need to get back "out there" and resume dating. I still have a bit of bitterness over how things ended with R, but I believe that I can put that aside and give my full attention/effort (and eventually my heart) to someone new.

So here goes...

I'm back on PoF (free site), re-posted my profile on F-S (but haven't paid yet), and am also thinking of joining another site that matches based on chemistry (but it's expensive and I don't really want to pay for that right now).

Anyway, I've met one guy: A. He lives in my neighbourhood and he asked if I'd like to get together on Tuesday. I replied "yes" (this morning), but I haven't heard back from him yet. Details to follow...

No comments: