Monday, August 31, 2009

First Date

So, I officially have a first date in Round Two of my dating exploits. A1 called me yesterday afternoon and we talked for over an hour. We're meeting for dinner tomorrow night in our neighbourhood.

We hit it off quite well on the phone. We never ran out of things to talk about and we probably could have talked for another hour if I hadn't ended it by saying that I had to go make dinner (which I didn't - I really wanted to get back to following the IMC racers on-line). Besides, I didn't want to waste all our conversation and have nothing left to talk about on Tuesday.

On paper, things look good: he's my age (6 months older), lives in my neighbourhood, likes to cook, is a good conversationalist, etc. I guess the only thing up in the air is whether we have any physical chemistry. From his photo he seems to be my type (bald, taller than me, not skinny), though he does have a goatee and I'm really not big on facial hair.

We are meeting at the restaurant tomorrow. I hope I remember what he looks like! Though I'm pretty easy tp pick out of a crowd, so he'll likely spot me before I spot him.

No comments: