Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Back at it

I ran again yesterday evening. Again, I didn't wear my Garmin or track my time on my watch. I ran a route I normally run and know that it is about 5K, and that I did it in about 30 minutes (based on the time I left and the time I got back). But I'm still not officially tracking my workouts or following a plan other than "run when I feel like it."

The run felt OK. I took a short walk break about 2/3 of the way through - I still feel a bit sluggish. The weather was beautiful, though, and it was so nice to be out in the sun and daylight. I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening's run because it will be the first "daylight" runpub of the year. Up until now, the only way to run in daylight is to do it in the morning, or right after work; runpub has always been in the dark. But now that the sun isn't setting until 7:30 I'll get my evening run in before it gets dark.

I leave for England a week from Friday. Between now and then I have a few goals. It's not really "training" or "dieting" but just some guidelines to keep me from gaining any more weight.

1. Run when I feel like it. Hopefully I "feel like it" more than twice per week.
2. Abstain from alcohol.
3. Abstain from junk food and sweets.
4. Be mindful of my eating (no mindless snacking).
5. Take one "cheat day" (this Saturday) where I can drink and eat cake since I am going to a BD party that evening.
6. Weigh myself both Friday mornings (3/19 and 3/26).

I have to admit that I'm a bit scared to weigh myself this Friday. I know that I've gained some weight and I'm a little worried about the number I am going to see. That's part of the reason for my "guidelines" above. I'm hoping that if I can stick to those, that Friday's number won't be so bad.

No comments: