Monday, March 08, 2010

To Re-sign or Not to Re-sign?

A while back I closed all my on-line dating profiles. Closed, meaning "hidden" so that I wouldn't show up in someone's search results, but my account is still there so that if I decide to reactivate it, I don't have to re-do it.

Today, I got a message saying that I had new mail. Weird: how could I have new mail if my account is hidden? Well, it's mail from a guy I had been communicating with last May (before R and I hooked up) who had then dropped off for some reason. But since I am no longer a paying member, I can't read the message! I am so curious to read it, but I'd have to pay $29.95 for one month (or $59.95 for 3 months) just to read one message! That seems like a waste to me.

So, I then did a quick search to see who was on-line who fit my search parameters. There were a lot of the same old guys, but a few new ones, too. One guy really piqued my interest, but that was just based on his photo and his stats - he didn't have any write-up at all. I would feel weird e-mailing someone to say that I liked his stats the way he looked!

My friend L says that spring/summer is a bad time to do on-line because most guys want to be out meeting girls in skirts and sandals, not holed up typing on their computer. Interesting perspective.

So, I'm torn. I'll sit on it for a few days and see what I decide to do. Input is welcome!

1 comment:

H said...

Maybe you need to get out there in your skirts and sandals! ;)

And, if you're not going to miss the money, and are in the mood to get back at it, why not?