Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I paid $30 for this??

C is a bad influence on me. "Enabler" is what she called it. Ha!

Well, I re-signed at FS. My curiosity got the best of me and I just had to know what S had written to me. Not only can you not read e-mail that someone sends you unless you are a paid member, but you can't even see the title of the message!

Here it is, for what it's worth (surely not $30!):

From: LifeWriter
Date: Mar 7, 2010 9:48PM EST
Subject: I cant believe you are still on here

Googles;

What is the deal. I come on here to see if anythig has changed and here you are....I propose a freedom 50 deal; if we are both unattached when we are 50 we get married.

Cheers and good luck!
S


I replied to his message, and also sent a message off to the other guy who looked interesting. Neither of them has read the message yet.

In doing a quick search of the site (sometimes I'm picky with my search criteria*, sometimes not), I didn't really see anyone else of interest. I've set a reminder for myself to cancel my membership before it auto-renews in a month from now. My optimistic side says, "Maybe the guy you are meant to meet isn't on the site yet and will sign up in the next few weeks!" Right. I'm trying to continue to believe that.

And I also got another message from the 66-year-old guy who'd messaged me back in February. I just deleted that one.

*On the topic of search criteria (which isn't as important on FS as it is on PoF because there are far fewer people on FS to sort through), it's interesting to see what guys put on their preferences. The vast majority of guys who are within my searched age range (43-49) are all looking for women who are no older than 45 - which means I wouldn't show up on their searches. And some of them are looking for women who are no older than five years younger than they are (e.g., 45 year-old guy who is looking for a woman between 30-40). What's up with that???

Anyyyyyyway... I'll give it one more try for the next month. I'm also looking for other opportunities to get out into social situations, but not much has come up yet.

2 comments:

cinc said...

yep - probably not worth the $30. But you're like me - and I'm sure it was killing you to NOT know.

technically, that message cost you $0.60 per word. worth it?

:-)

enabler C.

Angela said...

So you DID re-join... Well, at least he didn't say "I knew you'd still be on here!"