Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Non-Date No-Go

I think I've mentioned S, the guy I reconnected with on FS a few weeks ago - the one whose e-mail made me re-sign just so I could read it.

Anyway, he lives in London but will be in Mississauga on business this week. He suggested we get together for dinner one night. I suggested Tuesday (today), he said that was good and asked me to suggest a place/time, which I did. This was last Thursday.

All along I have been considering this a "non-date" and I believe that he is, too. I don't think either one of us wants to be involved in a long-distance relationship.

I haven't heard from him since then. I went on FS to see if he had at least read the message - if he had, I would likely still go to the meeting spot I suggested. But as of this morning, he still hasn't read the message! Weird.

So, it looks like my Non-Date is going to be a No-Go this evening.

Going back to what my sister and I talked about last month, unless he has a really good reason for not confirming with me until today, I am going to bail on my date with him tonight. It goes back to the whole thing about being too accommodating and letting the other person drive the relationship too often.

And now that I think about it, he sort of did this to me last time we communicated: at the time I was also starting to see R, so it wasn't a big deal, but S had said something about being in town and getting together while he was here, but then he just dropped off and I never heard from him again until a year later.

That's it. Decision made: I will not be meeting him for dinner this evening.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Bah. S. Did you know that S is the first letter of SUCKS!

cinc said...

what the hell is it with these guys?

have they not ever heard or understood the concept of oh, common courtesy?

La said...

My account it set to expire on April 8th. I will not be renewing it. Spinsterdom, here I come!