Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Later that evening...

OK, I'm back from my workout. It was a stinking hot evening again. Why I am not melting like the Wicked Witch of the West is beyond me!

The clinic talk tonight was on running. My friend MV was giving the talk - he's a super speedy runner and a great coach. We did a 13-min warm-up run, then did some drills called As, Bs and Cs (weird jumping and kicking things to help warm up your running muscles). We then did a 4-min tempo run, meaning that we had to run out for 4 minutes at about 85%, take 2 minutes to recover (walk around) and then run back another 4 minutes, again at 85%. The goal is to at least get to the same spot where you started, meaning that your return lap was as fast or faster than your first lap. Mine were identical, actually, which is pretty good. The we did some cool-down exercises and ran back to the starting point (roughly another 13 minutes). My legs are tired and sore now.

I had planned to meet up with some of my running friends for drinks after, but when I drove past there was nowhere to park nearby, so I just headed for home. It's just as well because I was hot, sweaty and in desperate need of a shower.

I'm still debating my plans for tomorrow. Friday is a holiday and I'm going away for the weekend camping with some friends (the Mystery Road Trip - only the organizers know where we're going), so I need to do lots of stuff tomorrow because all the stores will be closed on Friday. I'd like to ride into the gym and do another gravity class (since I haven't done any weights this week), and having my bike at work will help me run some errands at lunch. But I also have a ton of things to do after work for which I'll need my car. I guess I'll just have to ride home and get it and then do my other errands.

Since I don't know what the weekend holds, I think I'll take Friday as my off day from working out (normally, it's Thursday).

The totally hot swimmer guy was at the store again this evening. There's a group that goes out to swim in the lake the same night that my clinic is on. He was there last week and I couldn't help but notice him. He looks really familiar, too, but maybe I've just seen him in my dreams (ha ha). Anyway, it's some mighty fine eye candy, that's for darned sure! Hopefully he'll be back again next week when our group goes out swimming, too! As much as I love doing triathlon, I love watching all the hot men in triathlon, too! It's a great spectator sport.

No comments: