Sunday, June 26, 2005

Oh, the heat!

Holy crap it's hot out there! Heck, it's hot in here! Them temp in my living room is 30C (86F). Thankfully it's a few degrees cooler in my bedroom. I actually lay on the bed after my shower this morning with the fan blowing on me to cool off!

I did manage to get a run in. I went out at 7:15 when it wasn't quite so hot yet and ran for almost 90 minutes (1:26). It was the first time in a long time that I didn't actually plan/measure a route out ahead of time. My mission today was to run as close to the lake and in as much shade as possible for as close to 90 minutes as possible. I think I did pretty well!

After my little hour-long rest in front of the fan, I actually tidied my place up. I won't even call it "cleaning" because it was hardly that, but at least it doesn't look like a tornado hit my place.

This afternoon I'm meeting H and we're taking the ferry across to the Island to watch the dragon boat races. Her husband's team is in the B Division final, which is the third-highest division (A-Final and A-Consolation being the other two). Should be a good race. Hopefully there'll be some shade, too!

No more time to update as I have to go slather myself with sunblock before heading out...

1 comment:

Denise said...

I think the Dragon Boat races sound like loads of fun - wish I were there! :)

I wanted to thank you for the comments on my site about the marathon training. I'm definitely not planning to use the training as a way to lose weight, although I did manage to lose 30 pounds in three months of training last time (I had to quit half way through), so it COULD happen, but I'm not staking anything on it.