Friday, June 24, 2005

Let's Hear It For The Weekend! Woo!

I have never wanted it to be the weekend so much as I have this week. Well, maybe that's not quite true, but it's been a long frickin' week.

My workouts were totally on plan today, which was great. In fact (and I don't want to jinx it), I have been on plan with my workouts the entire month! I'll post the full report next Wednesday or Thursday. I rode to work (check!), I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill (check!), I rode from work to the pool (check!) and I did 1100m in the pool this afternoon (check!). Phew! Fridays are turning into my Big Workout Day; how did that happen? And that knapsack is rediculously large and full, so I'll have to look into scaling down a bit. It took every last ounce of energy I had to carry my knapsack and bike up the stairs this evening.

My eating was actually pretty good today, too. When I was locking my bike up this morning the bottle containing my soy milk to make my protein shake spilled all over the sidewalk. Grrr! That meant that I would have to wait until I got to the office to have my first post-workout meal. I bought some skim milk to mix with the protein powder, had my usual large coffee with 1% milk and got a small container of museli cereal. At break, I got another coffee (I couldn't stay awake) and a bagel with peanut butter. For lunch, I had a healthy pita and some lentil soup. I didn't have my usual rice crispy square at afternoon break (maybe that's why I was so tired before/after my swim). I got home around 6:30 and popped a frozen dinner into the nuker. It wasn't a low-cal dinner, clocking in at 430 calories, but it was a healthy dinner with lots of healthy veggies, chicken and pasta (it's actually marketed towards people with active lifestyles to ensure they get as many nutrients as possible). For dessert, I had my usual little chocolate soy pudding that clocks in at a measely 100 calories. It's the best little indulgence as it quenches both my chocolate and creamy cravings.

I'm still feeling a little peckish, but I'm sure that will pass over time. I'm trying to chug down some water to help fill myself up.

The plan for tomorrow is this:

Meet my friends out in Milton for a ride/run/swim. They are going to swim first and I am going to do an extra hour of cycling. I hope to do about 3 hours in total, but a lot of that will depend on the weather (it is SCORCHING hot here). I'll go for a short run afterwards (maybe 10-15 minutes) and then dive into the lake to cool off. Sounds like the perfect day!

So, obviously, I don't have any problems on the exercise front. Now, if I can just get my eating under control a bit... Oh, and find a date. Yeah, that would make everything perfect!

1 comment:

Denise said...

First, congrats on your awesome workout! I'm thinking of running to the store on the way home to get some of those pre-packaged fat free chocolate puddings so that I can have one for dessert. Also wanted to thank you for your great comment on my site. You know, since I've started taking the "lose weight. fast" monkey off of my back, I've actually been making better choices and I definitely feel a whole lot better. Wish I'd figured this out a while ago - LOL.