Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A1 Date Report

Since you asked...

We met at the restaurant. I got there right at 7:30 and he was already waiting outside. We recognized each other right away. There was a line-up, but he had already put us on the waiting list for a table.

I looked pretty good - dress, high heels, hair blowed dry (after my spin workout, I needed to!). He was dressed more casually (shirt, jeans, sandals).

Since we had to wait a few minutes for our table I took him over to see my new car (since he'd asked me how it was), which was only 1/2 block away. By the time we got to the restaurant, we only had to wait a few more minutes for our table.

Conversation was good. He's nice, personable, showed interest in me, etc. I found him fairly attractive, but I wouldn't say that I was instantly physically attracted to him.

After dinner I offered to drive him home (so that he could hear my awesome stereo - LOL). We drove the long way around so that we could hear the best part of the song (Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who). I pulled up in front of his place and then it happened: he went in for the kiss.

I was dreading this part because although I liked him, I really wasn't feeling like kissing him (and certainly not as passionately as he wanted to kiss me). I have to learn to say no in situations like that and not worry about hurting the guy's feelings. Anyway, he's not a very good kisser (at least not the way I like to be kissed). He said he'd like to see me again and I said yes, that would be nice.

After he got out of the car, my initial reaction was one of disappointment. I wasn't disappointed in him, but I was disappointed that he moved so quickly. I wanted to have the opportunity to build up some anticipation for a first kiss. Now that's gone.

He sent me a text last night, about an hour after I got home (had a nice time, want to see you again, etc.). I didn't reply for two reasons: 1) I just wasn't in the mood to reply, and 2) because I don't have a QWETRY phone and I hate having "conversations" via text (I prefer e-mail for that). So I sent him an e-mail this morning (telling him that). We've now exchanged real e-mail addresses.

He's going away for the weekend and I'm busy the next two nights, so I suggested he contact me when he gets back.

When I got home last night (before I'd received the text) I poured myself a glass of wine and talked to my friend, L, on the phone. He's my best friend and is my "dating coach" of sorts. He knows me really well and I trust his judgement. As we were talking and he was giving me his thoughts I started to cry. At first he said, "Are you listening to me or watching TV?" I squeaked out, "No, I'm crying." I realized in talking things through with L that I still have some unresolved issues about R and how our relationship ended. I'm still a little gunshy and not ready to get into another relationship right away. I guess that's good news (for me, since I figured it out now rather than later), but it's still hard.

So, onto my next First Date with A2 tomorrow night. I've also connected with another guy on-line "C". I gave him my number but told him that I have limited availability to talk between now and Saturday as I'm out every evening. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow. First date kiss. That's gutsy. I understand the disappointment, though.

La said...

Yeah, some guys just don't get it that they have to move a little slower to build some excitement!