Friday, September 18, 2009

Long time no date!

The dating scene has been a bit thin for me lately. I've communicated by e-mail and on the phone with a couple of guys, but not much else than that.

I have not heard from A1 since our dinner last week. I also haven't heard from C, the guy I talked to on the phone last Friday afternoon. I did send him an e-mail today to see how things are.

That said, I do have a date tonight with K. His profile says he's 51 and 5'8". I fully expect him to be 55 and 5'6". LOL. Anyway, I'm going ahead with it and trying to keep an open mind.

I was saying to my friend L that I have a bit of a mental hurdle with 50. My dad died at 51 (and in my mind he will forever be that age), so it's hard for me to consider dating guys who are that age (and older). However, I do have a good friend, D, who just turned 51 and he is active, youthful, and fun - not at all like my dad was at that age.

I was also telling L that I already know I am going to have a hard time turning 50 (not to mention 51). I hated turning 30 (depressed for two years before and three years after). I LOVED turning 40! My 40s have been awesome! I don't really know why I'm dreading 50 so much! Still over four years away, so lots of time to adjust.

1 comment:

HollyV said...

How did the date with K go?? We need a report! :)