Saturday, September 10, 2005

Back on the road

You just can't keep a girl down. I know that I was supposed to take this week off as "recovery" post-race, but I just HAD to go out for a bike ride this morning.

I seriously miss exercise when I don't get it. I love being out on my bike in the cool, late summer air. I met an old training partner of mine, FS, and we rode for about an hour and 40 minutes. And other than quick reports on how my summer of training and racing went (she was injured and didn't do any training/racing), we settled into a lovely ride where we talked about life, her recent breakup, and all things non-triathlon related. It was lovely!

For the most part, the trees haven't yet begun to change colours. There was one that had, but it stuck out amongst a row of still-green trees. And that fall smell hasn't really started yet, either. But the sun was a little lower in the sky, so it's starting to feel like fall is on the way.

Not being a student or a parent, I always think it odd that everyone says that summer is over once Labour Day comes. We still have three weeks of summer left after Labour Day, folks! Nothing really changes for me after the first of September: I'm still wearing sleeveless tops and open-toed sandals, and I still had to put sunblock on today before my ride.

Tonight, I am meeting some friends for "post-season" drinks. Meaning: post-triathlon-season, since it's effectively over for all of us now. There are still one or two races left (this weekend and next), but most of my friends and I are done for the year.

I'm staying over at a friend's place tonight as we are both going to the Bills game tomorrow morning and the bus leaves at 6:30AM. He lives closer to the pick-up location than I do and we're both going to be at this party tonight, which is just down the street from his place. I thought it very nice of him to offer to let me stay over (I just hope his girlfriend - who is also a friend of mine - doesn't mind!).

Full report on the party bus & football game to follow, but probably not until Monday.

Happy last-two-weeks-of-summer!

No comments: