Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back to Work

Blech! All good vacations must come to an end. *sigh*

Actually, it wasn't too hard to get up this morning and I even managed to convince myself to ride my bike to work. I am on a self-imposed exercise hiaitus (I know that would be very easy for some people, but not for me). I need to let my body heal from all the torture I've put it through the last couple of months as I trained for my final race of the season. But I don't really count riding to work as "working out"; I consider it the environmentally and fiscally responsible thing to do, considering the price of gas right now. Yikes! I might have to take public transit on Thursday as it's supposed to rain. I'm certainly more of a fair weather bike commuter.

The somewhat good news is that I didn't gain a ton of weight on vacation. I'm actually back down to my recent "normal" weight of 171 or so. I'm watching what I eat this week, but without doing deliberate exercise I'm not expecting to see a loss this week. But Boot Camp starts again next Monday, September 12th, so there will be no slacking after that. I'd like to lose 15 pounds by my birthday (early December), maintain over the Christmas holidays, and then lose another 5 pounds in January. I'm entering uncharted territory with this weight loss goal as I haven't been lower than my current weight in recent memory (certainly not in the last 15-20 years). Good luck to me!

Saturday evening is "off season" drinks with the Triathlon gang. Then, I'm off to Buffal0 for a football game on Sunday! We're taking a chartered bus down and going to have a full-blown tailgate party. Goodness, I feel all 23-years-old again! Hope there'll be some cute boys! Ha ha.

I also start floor hockey again in two weeks. Can't wait for that!

So, the fall social season is starting to wind up. Woo!

No comments: