Sunday, September 18, 2005

Like Internet Dating??

I ran this morning. Woo! I did 13K (8 miles) in about 90 minutes (nice and slow, just as planned). I had great energy and didn't feel any pain in my hip (or anywhere else for that matter). Success! I'm very optimistic now that I'll be able to run the Half-Mararthon I had considered doing in early November.

I ran with two guys whom I'd never ran with before; in fact, I had never even met them before! I'm part of an on-line running discussion board/club and some of us live in the same neighbourhood, so we planned to meet for a run today. We had never met in person and had only ever communicated on-line (just like internet dating). It was kind of weird at first, but then we were just three runners out for a Sunday jog. Turns out that one of the guys works for the same company I do and that when I move we'll literally be neighbours (my apartment will overlook his back yard). What a small world!

Boot Camp Report: Day Seven

Well, things didn't go exactly as planned this week, but it wasn't a total disaster. On the plus side:

- I made 90% of my workout goals (the other 10% falls under the "cutting myself some slack" category - see yesterday's entry).
- I abstained from alcohol
- I ate 75% well
- I journalled as well as I could (given the tools I have at my disposal)

On the minus side:

I didn't eat enough calories a couple of times this week, mostly due to the extra calorie expenditure from exercise.

I ate some dessert twice this week. First at our office pot-luck lunch, then last night at a party I was at. But the plus side was that it didn't derail me and I didn't use my slips as an excuse to over-indulge; I got right back on track.

I'm finding eating out very difficult, especially from a calorie-counting point-of-view. I think this week might be easier as I'll have a more regular schedule without all the nights out.

I didn't cut out refined carbs as well as I had hoped. I'm still working on how to do that when I don't always have control over what I eat due to eating out.

All in all, I'd rate myself an 8.5 out of 10 for this week, so I'm pretty happy about that. I didn't officially weigh in last Monday (mostly because I didn't want to know how bad things got during my week "off"), so my weigh-in tomorrow will be my new benchmark. I did get on the scales Thursday or Friday morning this week and was at 170.5, so that's the benchmark I am working from.

Only 20.5 pounds to go!

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Hey, you never know what will happen! That's how I met my husband!