Sunday, July 03, 2005

And so it begins...

For the next 21 days or so I will be glued to my TV set every night for the daily update on the Tour de France (you can follow it yourself here: http://www.letour.fr/TDF/LIVE/us/200/index.html

Although none of you probably care, I'll be posting my comments/updates on the day's results. Since my boyfriend Lance is still shacked up with that rock singer girlfriend of his (grrr), my enthusiasm for him has tempered a bit. OK, well maybe not so much - he's still my fave! He's going for win #7 in this, his final season as a pro.

After two stages (Stage 1's time trial and today's Stage 2, which was flat), Lance is in second place to another American named David Zabriskie (Team: CSC) of Utah. Lance is 2 seconds behind, which is entirely insignificant at this point in the race. Personally, I don't think he wanted to wear the Maillot Jaune as there's way too much pressure to be the Tour leader.

Ooooooo, it's going to be an exciting three weeks!

No comments: