Friday, July 15, 2005

I guess I can post this now:



That felt really good! I haven't stepped on the scales since last Monday when that new low was recorded. I'll probably weigh in again as usual this coming Monday. Let's hope things stay even.

I haven't eaten very well the last couple of days. Since it's been so hot and I've been so cranky, I've caved to my cravings. I had a Caramel cake last night (you know, the little white cakes with caramel, white cream and covered in chocolate?). My friend CL bought them and I was at her place last night so I JUST. HAD. TO. HAVE. ONE! Today, my weakness was bad Chinese food (you know, the deep-fried-covered-in-sweet-sauce stuff with white rice).

The ride home from work today was NASTY and windy! I had a 20K headwind the whole way home. I still made it home in the same amount of time, but my HR was soaring, so I'm going to record that as 25 minutes of cycling at a Hard effort level (instead of medium). I did go to the gym this morning and do 30 minutes on the elliptical. I didn't want to overdo it because I have a race this weekend.

I'm not sure what my plans for this evening are. Probably just walk around my apartment nekkid because it's so FREAKING HOT!! Instead of my normal long ride tomorrow I'm going to do a little ride down to the race site and measure out the run course so I know where the turnaround is. Then I'll run it at a very easy pace, just to get a feel for the course. That's me: always well prepared! Ha ha.

I also MUST tidy and clean my apartment this weekend. MUST. MUST. MUST. I only have a week left until my little mini-vacation to Lake Placid and I want things to be in order before I leave. I'm just so unmotivated because of the heat and I don't want to exert myself by doing housework and sweating all over the freaking place! Grrrr. Yes, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Where are the House Cleaning Fairies when you need them? Huh??

Full race report (whether you want it or not) on Sunday night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caramel Cakes are like my downfall - I like to throw them in the freezer and eat them from there. I like...oh man...love the caramel on top of them, and that white stuff, oh yum! *drool*

It was suppose to be rainy all weekend, just looked, now sunny and like 30/31 - I like heat but I need the humidity to LEAVE and now!

BTW, congrats on your losses to date..wow! Inspirational!

Mich said...

If the House Cleaning Fairies show up, could you send them my way once they're done with your place?
Thanks!
:-)

La said...

Ha ha - I wrote it that way because I didn't want the word n@ked in my blog in case it ended up on a g00gle search or something. But I guess it will anyway!

La said...

What I meant was that someone would probably g00gle "n3kkid" and find me anyway! Ha ha.