Monday, July 04, 2005

We interrupt this post for the following Condo update: Let there be brick! Yes, my friends, there is actual BRICK on the outside of the building. They haven't gotten to my part of the building yet, but there is brick going up none the less. Woo!

I had written this really great post at work today about the dilemma I am currently facing, but I forgot to e-mail it to myself before I left work, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Because we have the Internet Police at work I don't go anywhere near blogging sites on my work computer.

So instead, you'll get the boring old food and exercise update (sorry, BC).

Drove to the gym this morning. Did leg weights followed by 35 minutes on the elliptical machine. The plan for this evening was to swim five laps of the lake, but when we got there it had started to thunder. We waited it out for 30 minutes and then began our swim, but the thunder and lightning started up again, so PJ called it a night and asked everyone to get out of the lake. It's not her lake, but her future in-laws' place, so she didn't want to take any chances (especially since her fiancee wasn't there). I did manage to get two laps in (800m in about 16 minutes), so it's better than nothing.

Food was OK today. I forgot to bring my protein shake to the gym, so I didn't get to eat until more than 45 minutes after my workout ended, which is far less than ideal. I had a bagel with PB and a large coffee at 8:15. I didn't get a mid-morning snack, so I went for lunch early and was back at my desk with my lentil soup and falafel pita just after noon. I was about to go for a snack around 2PM when my phone rang: it was H on her way to the airport headed for Boston. We chatted for about 20 minutes, so I finally got a chance to run down for a snack around 2:30. I caved and had a rice crispy square (my latest obsession). Since I was swimming, I didn't get any dinner until I got home around 8:30. I had one little low-cal dinner in the freezer, so I nuked that and wolfed it down. I also had a soy protein shake while my dinner was in the oven. And a glass of white wine with dinner. I finished things off with my fave chocolate soy pudding (100 cals).

My water consumption was quite good today: not counting the water I drank during my workout, I got in close to 2L today. I think I still have about 250-300mL left in my new pink water bottle. I'll finish that before I go to bed.

I'm watching the end of the Tour right now. Man, those guys are like machines on their bikes! I wish I could ride like that. Nothing exciting to post - it was a flat sprinters' stage, so no movement in the overall standings. Tomorrow is the Team Time Trial, which is a cool thing to wath if you've never seen it: nine riders riding in a pack, drafting off each other trying to beat the time of the teams that went out before them. You can watch it on OLN.

The plan for tomorrow is this:

Ride my bike to the gym and do a 30-minute gravity class. I have to get to work early because I'm teaching and this class requires a bit of preparation that I haven't quite done yet. After work, I'll ride home, grab something to eat (probably a protein shake) and then head out for my evening bike workout. I think I'll ride about 30K or so, followed by a quick run.

Oh, and I'll be sure to post that "dilemma" entry...

No comments: