Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Enough with the mushy stuff...

It's time for some hard core workout stats (yeah!!!). Ahem.

Man-o-man was it tough to drag my ass out of bed this morning. The alarm went off and I started to make little bargains with myself. But I knew that I wouldn't have any other window of opportunity to get my run in today, so I really had to go. I rode to the gym (a new best time for me: 18 minutes) and then ran on the treadmill for 30-35 minutes. I started off at 5.7mph, cruised for most of it at 6mph and then stepped it up in the end to 6.4mph. In the end, I covered 3 miles in just under 30 minutes.

Work was work. I rode home after work and tried to keep up with this guy on a road bike ahead of me. We were actually going about the same pace, but he got off like a shot when the lights turned green, so I was never able to keep up with him (although I always seemed to catch him at the lights).

My clinic was doing its first open water swim this evening. Yes, folks, we swam in the murky waters of Lake Ontario! I've actually swam in the lake a few times before, but never right here in the city. It was actually pretty good. It smelled a bit of fish at first, but then it was fine. I was actually a bit stressed trying to keep tabs on all the people in my group to make sure that we didn't lose anyone.

After the clinic, I joined up with my friend SM and we went over to The Lion to meet up with the rest of our usual run group for wings, nachos and beer. Definitely not the best food choices, but it was all there was going and I was starving.

Tomorrow is my one day off from exercise this week. Woo hoo! I can't really sleep in, though, because I have to get to work early to "study" for the stuff I'm going to be teaching. I'm doing laundry after work and then meeting my extended family for a BD dinner for my aunt. Then it's back to the craziness of my workout schedule.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You swam in L.Ontario? Ewww..I'm sorry but ew! LOL

Now Erie...different story!

Anonymous said...

Um...did you disinfect yourself? LOL - I'm sorry still "ewwwing" over here (Hammertown!)

La said...

It was fine! Honestly! (cough, cough) I didn't grow a third eye or anything!