Thursday, July 28, 2005

Joy and Pain

A little Bundle of Joy in the form of the new !KEA catalogue arrived in the mail today. Oooooooo, I love browsing though that. I took it with me to the laundromat to help pass the time. Now that the closing of my condo is getting nearer, I am getting into nesting mode again. And that's only going to increase over the coming months. I'm looking forward to planning and designing my new space.

I have a pain in my left hip. I think it's the hip flexor, or some other muscle/tendon that is on the outside of my hip, up high. I had been aware of a small pain in that area for a few weeks, but it was always managable. After 30 minutes of running it started to feel quite tender, so I only ran a bit further and walked the rest of the way. All last night it was screaming with pain. I took some ASA and iced it, but it was still very sore this morning. I took some more ASA and opted not to ride my bike to work. I was still hobbling around the office all day. I'm now sitting on the couch with an ice-pack on my hip. It doesn't feel like it's helping much. I hope I'm OK for the race on Sunday. I guess it just means that I have to take it easy for the next couple of days. I've been a total sloth this week. I ran for 40 minutes on Sunday and 37 minutes last night and that's ALL the exercise I've done! Ack! I've got a big day ahead of me on Sunday, so I don't feel too bad about it.

We had a bit of a bomb dropped on us at work today. A few months ago we got a new SEVP and SVP. Well, today the SVP announced some re-organization and my boss (the Ironman VP) is now out of a job. He just left on vacation last night as he's running a marathon in Switzerland this weekend. I was in such shock that I was nearly in tears. He's staying on for about another month to see if there's another position for him in the bank, but I don't know that we'll actually see him in the office. And then I found out that one of the other Directors that I get along with and who is a big supporter of mine has also resigned and is leaving in two weeks. Oh, and the admin assistant who did stuff for me P/T is also leaving. So now it's just me responsible for all things having to do with training. And I don't even know what our long-term plans/strategy will be, so who knows what I'll be doing come October. My head hurts. One of the Directors invited everyone in the department out for drinks after work today, so that helped to take the edge off a bit (we actually left the office at 3:30 and went to the patio bar downstairs). Did I mention my head hurts?

Is it Friday yet?

No comments: