Sunday, November 27, 2005

Another Sunday

Why do the weekends have to go by so quickly??

Today was a normal Sunday: met the group for a 15K run this morning, followed by breakfast. Last week, I had French Toast and bacon for my post-run breakfast; this week it was scrambled eggs, rye toast and fresh fruit. I think I made a better choice this week.

It's very easy to get lulled into overeating when you're as active as I am, and I think that's probably what happened to me last week. That's why I find journalling to be so helpful - it really helps to keep me on track. My run this morning (105 minutes) earned me an extra 1100 calories! I'll probably end up well under that today as I still have about 1,000 calories left to consume and there's no way I'm going to get all that in before the end of the day today. That's fine, though, because I'm not really that hungry.

I've had a bit of a headache since my run this morning. I think it might be related to dehydration, so I should probably have some water. Hold on, I'll be right back [talk amongst yourselves]...

I'm back.

I'm watching TV getting ready for the Grey Cup to start (that's the Canadian equivalent of the Super Bowl). The Montreal Alouettes (my hometown team) are playing the Edmonton Eskimos. Go, Als!!

I'm teaching off site this week, which means I have to travel to the middle of nowhere for three days (North York, for those of you who know TO). I hate braving rush hour traffic when I have to drive through the middle of the city. Blech!

I think H and I are going to try to make it to yoga tomorrow night since she was away for the last two weeks and I didn't go. Tuesday is floor hockey (first game of the playoffs - we're in last place) and picking up my bike. Wednesday is run club. Beyond that, I don't have a lot of plans.

Next weekend is going to be busy as the holiday party season is starting.

Oh, and I'm also doing a crazy charity run on Saturday, December 10th. It's a "Santa Speedo Run", which means that everyone (men and women) will be running through the streets of downtown in our Speedos and Santa caps. The run starts at 1:30PM and it's in a very ritzy/trendy shopping district, so all the holiday shoppers are sure to be in for a treat! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JUST speedos and santa hats? Gah, you will freeze your pieces off! LOL