Friday, November 18, 2005

Underground

One of the benefits of working downtown is the incredible underground path that links all the major office towers for many, many blocks. There are literally MILES of underground paths that link downtown together underground.

Normally, I walk outside. As convenient as it is, I prefer the fresh air and it's actually faster to get around as it's more direct.

But today, the wind was howling and I was just not prepared for the cold, so I walked the block-and-a-half outside to *bucks and then went underground the rest of the way.

I'm not ready for it to be cold. Brrr.

I had a good workout at the gym this morning. I only had time for a quick warm-up on the elliptical before my Gravity class started, but I did that one at a higher intensity level, so it was a good challenge.

Food was OK today. Stayed within calories, but probably didn't make all the best choices. It was what it was.

Did laundry after work. Just chillin' tonight.

Tomorrow, I'm going to ride on my trainer in the morning then go on a little shopping spree for MYSELF! Yes, I'm in the market for a new bike and two of the local shops are having their open houses / sales this weekend. I also want to go to the wine show at the convention centre. I'll end up having to go on my own as nobody else seems to be interested in going.

Sunday is long run day. Probably about 14K or so.

That's about it. Happy weekend!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Happy weekend to you, too!

Flo said...

WooHoo, a new bike!! I'll be looking for one after the 1st of the year and I'm already getting excited. Let us know what you find..