Friday, November 25, 2005

Shedding

I'm shedding hair like mad! It's EVERYWHERE! I can't stand stray hairs, they bug me. I'm finding them everywhere and it's getting annoying.

I have to say that my hair is one of my best features. I've never coloured it -- never really thought about it -- but now the colour is starting to fade and I'm sad about it. I've developed quite a bit of gray underneath at the temples. It really shows when I pull my hair back.

I managed to drag my ass out of bed this morning and get to the gym. I only had time to do 18 minutes on the elliptical before my 30-minute Gravity class started. I hardly feel like I worked out at all.

Today's weigh-in was depressing. Last Friday I weighed in at 167.8, which was a new low. On Monday, it had crept back up to 169.8 but I had just started my period, so that was to be expected. Today, I weighed in again and I'm up yet ANOTHER pound to 170.8, effectively negating the three pounds I thought I had just lost. Grrrrrr.

So, what am I going to do about it? With Christmas coming in a mere 30 days (not to mention that the "holiday season" will actually start for me next weekend with two parties on Friday and two on Saturday), I want to make sure that I don't gain any more weight because I certainly won't be able to lose any for that three-week feeding frenzy known as the Christmas holidays!

Any suggestions on what I can do to kick things up a notch?

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Well, if your hair keeps falling out... just kidding.

I'm going to work on really keeping a grip on what I eat during the week. I'm so close to goal that it's driving me nuts. But it's also making me lazy with my food choices.

If you have some free weights at home so some weights and core while watching TV -- it'll keep your metabolism up (and even on days where you're feeling gross, you'll feel strong -- works for me anyways).