Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Allergies

My nose is completely stuffed up from swimming two days in a row. I did manage to wear my nose plug this evening, but it can only do so much. And somehow I still managed to get a noseful of water - even while wearing the plug! Go figure.

I had to race from my floor hockey game (we lost again) to my swim class. I missed the first half hour, but a lot of that was review. We did a lot more stuff with our arms tonight, which was great to give my sore legs a break. But then we spen the last half hour doing more kicking stuff, so my legs were burning again.

I seem to be the star pupil. I just really have a knack for swimming and it comes really naturally to me. I could see the other people in the class struggling with things that I was able to do right off the bat. In fact, I had intuitively been doing those things in the water, I just hadn't known what it was that I was doing.

Of course, I'm getting anxious to put it all together and actually "swim". All these drills are getting a little boring, but I guess I just have to stick with it.

This week-long course is also wreaking havoc with my eating. Swimming makes me very hungry, but since we end so late (9PM tonight, but 10PM last night), I can't really eat "dinner" afterwards. I'm going to come in really low on calories again today. Actually, I'm not really feeling hungry; I'm more concerned that I won't lose weight if I cut back my calories too drastically.

It's also wreaking havoc with my sleeping as I am so wound up after swimming that I can't go to sleep. It's almost 11PM now and I'm not even tired.

Gotta get all my wet gear hung up and head off to bed. Maybe a nice warm shower first to help relax me a bit...

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm the opposite - swimming makes me very sleepy.

Denise said...

Try eating something like Ensure after your swimming workouts. Since it's liquid, it won't fill you up, plus it takes no time to prepare, but it will provide enough calories that your body will be getting proper nutrition.

Jennifer P said...

I'm the same as you -- hyper and hungry after my evening training swims. I usually have a glass of skim milk and a banana.