Thursday, October 06, 2005

Catching up...

Goodness... I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted!

My hip is coming along well, although it's still swollen (and itchy!) and I can't lie on my left side.

Tonight is the first night since Sunday that I have been home before 10PM. I did laundry after work and now I'm just vegging on the couch.

I got back to my workouts this week, which was a good thing. I didn't go all out with bike commuting AND gym workouts, mostly because I had to go out after work so riding to work wasn't practical.

Speaking of going out after work, I took H out for her BD on Monday night. I had already planned for a night off "Boot Camp" so that we could celebrate properly. Dinner was DIVINE! I had a lovely little tomato focaccia appetizer followed by rack of lamb (medium rare). For dessert, I had a slice of pumpkin and pecan tart that was worth every calorie it contained! Oh, and had two 7-oz carafes of wine (a Pinot Noir and a Zinfandel - both: YUM!). I was a little looped when I left, I have to say. But it was just so nice to enjoy my dinner. The portions were appropriately small, so it was perfect. I got to enjoy some outstanding food without taking in 2,000+ calories in one meal. It was great!

And as for Boot Camp, I had a bit of a meltdown on Monday morning when I stepped on the scales and it read 170 pounds. I've barely lost two pounds in three weeks, which is far less than I had expected. I still have not broken through my previous low weight barrier, which is the other reason why I was pissed. I'm scheduled for another weigh-in tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping for a more favourable result. Considering I did work out much last week, I'm consoling myself by saying that I should be happy that I didn't gain any weight.

I had a fairly decent run last Sunday - I did a long, slow distance run (6.5K) down to the Run for the Cure site, then met up with my colleagues and did the 5K race. It was a zoo with more than 30,000 people in attendance, so it was tough to navigate through the crowd at the start. I finished in 28:09, which is pretty close to a personal best time for me at that distance (although I think the route was a tad short).

Plans for the weekend: Packing, cycling, running and eating. I brought a bunch of boxes home from work, so I need to purge some stuff this weekend so that I'm not moving crap when the time comes (soon, I hope). I'm going to go for a bike ride on Saturday for the first time since my crash almost two weeks ago. On Sunday, my plan is to run about 16K. On Monday I'm going over to CL's to teach her how to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving (that's this weekend here in Canada).

That's it. Hopefully I'll have some happy weight-loss news tomorrow or at my next weigh-in on Monday.

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Maybe you'll Wendie Plan it this weekend and show up with a loss next week. What day are you having your family dinner? You're brave to weigh in on Monday (my WW weigh in is on Tuesday -- and I'm already afraid!)