Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Lovely Day!

I ran with my friend GS this morning. CL bailed on me at the last minute, but luckily I had GS to run with. We had lost touch over the summer as we both had busy schedules, so it was nice to share 16K with him this morning. We ran through the park system which was lovely because it's so peaceful and quiet and you don't have to stop for lights or anything. We ran for 1:50, which is the longest run I've done in a while. It felt good, but I was a bit sore and tired afterwards.

I was walking back into the store after my run when JH said to me, "Wow, you're really melting away. You look great." Hmmm, thanks! JH and I have a bit of a weird relationship. I wouldn't really call her a friend, but she's part of the circle of people I run with and socialize with from time to time. She's currently dating a guy that I dated briefly a couple of years ago. Actually, I dated him while the two of them were broken up (they've had one of those on-again-off-again relationships which appears to be on-again right now). Anyway, I don't hold any resentment towards her in any way as I have no interest in the guy she's dating. As far as I'm concerned they deserve each other as they are both a little fucked up (he more than she).

So, regardless of what the scales say tomorrow, I know that I'm looking good and feeling good (not just because of what she said; I feel it, too).

After my run I had breakfast and then went to the liquor store to buy some wine for dinner tomorrow night. I just vegged on the couch in the afternoon and actually fell asleep on the couch for a while. I'm actually still feeling a little dopey right now. I'm going to make pastry this evening for the pies I am going to make tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just get up early tomorrow and do it; I'm still feeling a little bagged.

No comments: