Thursday, October 27, 2005

I did it!

Or rather, DIDN'T do it: step on the scales this morning.

My normal routine when I get up is to go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, shower, dry off and then weigh myself. Today, as I was in the bathroom, I deliberately told myself not to weigh in. But when it came time to get dressed, weighing in had completely slipped my mind, even though the scale was right there in plain sight.

I think I'll be able to resist the temptation for the next week or so.

The thing is, until I got this new scale I wasn't really tempted to weigh myself daily. It's just because it's new and so fancy with its body fat measurement and everything. And how it stores the data from your last weigh-in is really cool, too!

Anyway, I'm confident that I've made peace with it, if only temporarily. Next weigh-in date will be Sunday, November 5. Normally, I would weigh myself on a Monday, but since I am racing that day, I want to weigh myself before my race because your body weight can be all out of whack the day after a race due to over- or under-hydration.

I'm taking tomorrow off work (yea!). I just needed a little break and I have a lot of stuff to do over the next few days, so that's what I'm going to do. The sad thing is that I'll probably have to make a "to do" list for my day off since I have so many things "to do". Sigh.

I have two parties to go to on Saturday and one of them is a costume party, so I have to go in search of a costume tomorrow. Next Tuesday I have a cocktail party to go to and need a dress to wear, so I have to go in search of that this weekend, too. I did try on a few dresses after work today, but couldn't find the right one. One dress was quite nice, but it was just a tad tight and I didn't want to worry about having to suck in my gut all night. But it was a size 12, which was very cool!! I'm very close to being able to wear a 12 for real. I suspect that a 14 (which they didn't have in stock) would have been a little too big (so there!). Score half a point for me!

No comments: