Monday, October 17, 2005

Just got back from my swim clinic. It was supposed to be three nights a week for two weeks but the coach just found out this morning that the pool is going to be closed next week unexpectedly. That means we have to cram all eight hours into five sessions in one week instead of six sessions over two weeks. I'm already feeling a little pruney and my eyes are all red from the chlorine.

The clinic is AWESOME, though. I have a horrible kick and tonight was all about kicking. My legs are BURNING! Part of that is just the remnants from my long run on Sunday, but tonight's workout was still quite strenuous.

We're breaking the stroke down into its minute components and then putting it all together in the end. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I normally wear a nose plug because I'm allergic to the chlorine and I have sneezing fits and a plugged up nose for hours afterwards. Tonight, because we were stopping and starting, I didn't wear my nose plug for most of it. I almost sneezed my head right off in the car on the way home!

Tomorrow I have a floor hockey game but now I have a two-hour swim clininc at the same time! Grrrr. I can probably fit both in as my hockey game is at 6PM and swimming is at 7PM, so I'll only miss the first 30 minutes or so. But I WILL miss drinks afterwards. Cripes... when am I going to EAT!

Oh well, it's only for a week...

No comments: