Sunday, October 16, 2005

Be careful what you wish for

So, after Friday's rant about my frustrating experiences with my scale, I went out and bought a new one. Set it all up that evening with all my stats (height/age, etc.). Saturday morning; stepped on the brand new scale: 170.8! I'm UP 1.8 pounds!! Grrr!

OK, so I now know that my old scale was about 1.8 pounds off, so that means I have to recalibrate my baseline accordingly. But I do feel better knowing that I have a more accurate scale, even though it doesn't show me the numbers I want to see!

Oh, and then there's the body fat percentage... ugh! I think I'm around 37% and that's just disgusting in my book! Blech!

But again, I have an actual baseline to work from now.

*sigh*

The new measurements have begun! Let's hope I see some positive progress in the weeks to come.

Update: 3:30PM - Oh, forgot to mention that I had a great workout yesterday. CL and I ran 18K in 2:05. When I logged my activity stats for the day, that one run accounted for over 1300 EXTRA calories that I could consume that day! Good thing, because I met some friends for dinner and I had pasta with chicken and a mildly creamy cheese sauce. Good think I still had 999 calories left to eat before I left for dinner!

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Stupid scales! How did you figure out your body fat %?