Sunday, October 30, 2005

Back on the Iron Horse

Ever since my crash five weeks ago I haven't been on my commuter bike (the Iron Horse). Some of it was due to cold wet weather. Some of it was due to my work schedule. But some of it also had to do with the fact that I was a bit gun shy about riding in the city.

I had to take my car into the shop and instead of trying to do it first thing tomorrow morning, I opted to drop it off late this afternoon. The mechanic is just up the road from me (about 3.5K), so I decided to put the Iron Horse on my bike rack, drive up there, leave my car and then ride my bike back home. I tried to get there before sundown (damn that Standard time change!), but it was starting to get dark on my ride home (which was entirely downhill - whoo!). I had my lights and reflective gear on, but I kept looking over my shoulder to watch for cars trying to pass me too closely. I made it home safe and sound and the plan is to ride to the gym and work tomorrow.

I had a lovely run this morning. The weather was GORGEOUS! Sunny, crisp and clear. I met up with some friends (some of whom I "met" on-line before I actually met them in person) and we ran a 12.5K-loop to preview the half-marathon race course we'll be doing next week. It looks to be a bit hilly, so I'm not expecting any kind of personal best time. I'll be happy with anything under 2:15. I kind of vegged on the couch for most of the afternoon until I went out for a walk to pick up some veggies for dinner.

Nutr1diary was down for two days this weekend (Fri/Sat). I didn't bother going back and trying to re-log the food I ate those two days, so I'll have to hope that I stayed within my daily calories. I just finished logging today's calories and it looks like I'm still about 400 calories under plan. I'm not really hungry, though, so I don't see the point in eating more just to get the extra calories in.

I am under-hydrated today, though. I need to get some more water into me as I went for that run (1:20) and only took in 500mL of fluid. I had a large coffee afterwards and a Limonata (Italian lemon soda) later in the afternoon, but that's about it. I actually feel thirsty, which means that I'm already dehydrated.

Tomorrow would normally be a weigh-in day, but I am abstaining this week under advice of, oh, EVERYONE! I'm anxious to weigh in, but I'll wait until next Sunday as I have committed. Everyone I see has commented on how much thinner they think I look. I can't really see it myself (except when I wear my HOT NEW DRESS!).

The one good thing about the time change is that it will be easier to get up to go to the gym tomorrow morning. I think I'm also going to Yoga tomorrow night (I made plans with H last week). I haven't been in months, so that should be interesting!

1 comment:

Denise said...

The time change really does make it easier to get up early, doesn't it? I should commit to doing some walking every morning...yes, I should.