Monday, August 22, 2005

Feeling Thin

I have no explanation for it, but for some reason today I felt thin. Well, maybe thinner is a better way of describing it.

It certainly wasn't the number on the scales this morning that made me feel that way because it was a little higher than it's been, but that's probably PM-bloat. I rode my bike to work (no gym as I wanted to give my hip a break) and after I changed in the ladies room I was looking at myself in the full-length mirror and I just thought that I looked really slim. I was wearing a khaki-green A-line linen skirt and a black T-shirt. I guess it's just the way that the skirt skimmed my body that it didn't show the normal lumps and bumps (I'm sure J knows the technical reason for this). Anyway, I'll take it no matter what caused it.

The ride to/from work was a little windy today. It's also quite cold here, which is quite the change from the summer we've had this year. I'm glad to have the cool break - I just hope it holds out for my race in 11 days.

After work, I rode to the pool. I had to play that little bargaining game with myself again because I didn't really want to swim. The water was chilly and it was cloudy and windy out, so, being an outdoor pool, it wasn't very crowded. That said, the wind made for a slow return lap as I was swimming right into a headwind. I wasn't really "feeling" my swim today, so I called it quits after 1,000m (20 minutes). But I did manage a 400m set in 7:56, which is exactly the pace I want to go for my race (although that one is 2,000m).

Tomorrow morning I'll ride to the gym before work and do a Gravity class at 6:30. No elliptical, though, because of my hip (grrrrr). In the evening I'll do a bike workout and then take my bike into the shop for a quick tune-up while I'm away.

Only two more sleeps until vacation! Woo!

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Hooray for skinny days! Most days I have a skinny day for the first two hours that I'm awake. Then gravity kicks in. Gravity sucks.